Are you in the market to buy a home water filter for the first time or if you are thinking of replacing the one you already have? After you read through this list of benefits, you will absolutely be persuaded that filtering your own drinking water offers incredible amount of benefits in terms of savings, health, or environmental concerns.
1. Healthy Drinking Water – You would not have to worry about the quality of your water because you will have complete control. You will not depend on bottled water which may have been packaged from a municipal treatment plant somewhere. Maybe you’ve tested your water and have identified the exact contamination problem in it helping you to buy the best filtration system in Houston.
2. Helping the Environment -When you drink water from your own water filter and reduce dependence on bottled water, you will be helping to reduce the amount of empty plastic on the streets which eventually pollute water ways, and affect drinking water supply.
3. Money Savings – There is tremendous amount of savings benefits when you filter your drinking water in your own house. For instance, a replacement filter for a good countertop unit that costs just $59.95 and lasts up to 12 months (or up to 750 gallons of filtered water) will save you money over packs of bottled water or rental water. With the $59.95 for annual replacement filter cartridge, you will drink continuous clean and quality water. With a reusable water bottle, you can carry your filtered water to gym, office, biking, or hiking. You save money, and help the environment.
4. Emergency Preparedness – You cannot envisage when your town or city will issue water advisory for any kind of water problems. Pipe breaks, oil spills, sewage spills, earthquakes, hurricanes, or storms that overwhelm wastewater treatment plants could result drinking water contamination. One of the groups that benefit the most during these emergencies is the bottled water company while your wallet is depleted due to events you did not prepare or budget for. A water filter or purifier will save you money during these emergencies.
5. Bacteria Re-growth – In the distribution pipes could contaminate water as it travels from the treatment plant to homes and other points of use.
6. Water Hardness – Hard water may not be unhealthy to drink but it’s bad for your plumbing systems, bath tub, and appliances.
7. Plumbing Systems Leaching Chemicals – House plumbing in Houston may leach chemicals into water within the house plumbing systems.
8. Showering and Allergic Problems – Excess residual chlorine can leave your hair dry and brittle and make your skin flaky and itchy after shower. The odor can also cause negative reactions in children, the elderly, and people that are sensitive to chlorine smell. A good shower head filter is the best way to reduce or eliminate any allergic reaction to chlorine in your shower water.
9. Cancer-Causing Chemicals – Most drinking water contains disinfection byproducts (DBPs). Excessive chlorine residual in the finished water could result of in the formation of DBPs such as Trihalomethanes (THMs or TTHMs), Bromoform, Bromodichloromethane, Dibromochloromethane. EPA listed cancer, liver, kidney and reproductive and developmental problems in humans as some health problems that may result from DBPs.